My Blog List

Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Eds final view

just want to give a total overview here. Lots of things we haven't mentioned. Like being about 20 miles fron Tok Alaske and hearing Tammies phone chime 4 times with text alerts. Finally, cell service after 2-3 days. That was good! Seeing 2 stores in 1 mile. That was also good. Being 200 miles from Anchorage and driving over hills almost like terraces. The road was wavy due to thaw I suppose. Found Anchorage to be like any other city. All the services you see here. Had some killer Sushi at a place called Dish. We ate several meals at the chow hall on Elmendorf AFB. A good breakfast was like $6 for both of us. That was a nice change because the same breakfast was $34 in British Columbia.

The flight home was l-o-n-g. Boarded the plane at 12:45am. I don't like to fly so I had asked a Dr, for a script that would tske the edge off. He prescribed Xanax, which I had never taken before. Tammie asked, are you taking your medicine? Yea, I'm taking a xanax. She thought I was lying! People, I probaly looked like a stroke victim. Drooled most of the way home. Tammie asked, how can you sleep so much? Convinced at that point that I had indeed taken medication. WE would do it again in a heartbeat. The ultimate way would be to fly into Dawson Creek, and drive from there. Not much WOW factor in looking at wheat and corn fields. Want to say thanks to our followers. I certianly hoped you enjoyed the ride along. If any of ya'll ever do a blog, please include us as a follower. And one more note in closing, seeing my friend Randy after 30 plus years was priceless.
Signing off,
Ed

No comments:

Post a Comment