My Blog List

Monday, September 14, 2009

Vacation is over!

Wow. I sat down for the first time tonight and read our entire blog. I realized that we didn't blog after our first day in Alaska. Don't know why, we had internet access in our room.
We really enjoyed our week in Alaska. We drove out to Turnagain Arms two days to see the Beluga whales. Didn't see any (kind of thought we might have, but can't be sure), but the drive was nice. The mountains in Alaska are breathtaking. Not really something you can truly capture with the camera. We toured the Alaska Museum of History. I learned a lot about the state and really enjoyed the museum. Tons of artifacts and interactive ways to learn about their history. We ate some great sushi at Dish and the Taco King was excellent. Gwennie's was also a favorite. Had a little encounter with some disrespectful young people, but I'll let Ed tell you about that. We stayed on the Air Force base. Had basically a little apartment, but the only television was in the living area. We are used to our bedroom tv. The bed was as hard as a brick. I really missed our tempurpedic mattress.
We also ate on the base quite a bit and our average meal was around $7 for both of us. We found ourselves saying "let's go to the chow hall and eat" haha. After spending about $100 per day on food on the road, we felt like we were making up our losses.
Ed and I enjoyed each others company and are still getting along pretty good. I guess two weeks of togetherness was a blessing. I think I understand him better now.
We got home Friday night and a limousine broke down on the interstate. Bryant was driving, so we managed to intercept them and get the passengers to the concert in Bryant and Amber's Scion. Ten people in that car was a sight to see.
Anyway, we finally got home around 9:30 PM. Then had to work all day Saturday (Ed-Crown and me-Bottomfeeders). Sunday was also spent getting catering stuff back where it was supposed to go. And now we are into the new week.
Makes me want to get in the car...

No comments:

Post a Comment